- This event has passed.
WiCyS Maryville University Student Chapter | Powerful Women in Cyber
March 18, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join Maryville University and Venture Cafe St Louis on Thursday, March 18th at 4:00 PM CT, for an inspiring and informative evening where we will feature incredible women who will share the different roles they play in the cybersecurity industry. This event is open to all professionals interested in or working in the cyber community.
Depending on the source of the data, women make up between 20-25% of the cybersecurity workforce. The latest figures estimate that there are more than 8,600 unfilled cybersecurity jobs in Missouri and 521,617 unfilled cybersecurity jobs in the US. While the number of women joining the cybersecurity workforce is growing, the cybersecurity community as a whole needs better ways to access and harness untapped talent in order to fill these jobs.
– Jessica Burress, Cybersecurity Specialist, Boeing
– Priya Mouli, Program Director, Technology Strategy & Risk Consultant
– Sarah Baldeo, Artificial Intelligence & Digital Transformation Innovator
– Alma Maria Rinasz, Developer Advocate
– Moderator, Andrea Rodriguez, President of WiCyS Maryville University Student Chapter