WiCyS Cyber Talent
We know financial emergencies happen. This fund provides agile financial support for women students pursuing cybersecurity careers who are experiencing urgent, short-term financial barriers to success.
WiCyS cyber talent Emergency Fund
WiCyS is proud to partner with the Last Mile Education Fund to offer the WiCyS Cyber Talent Emergency Fund, a critical intervention to help women bound for careers in cybersecurity overcome financial obstacles to their progress and success.
The Last Mile Education Fund invests in striving under-resourced, under-represented students in high-demand technology and engineering fields with an abundance approach, helping them persist to graduation by providing critical financial support to overcome obstacles for which assistance is less available.
The WiCyS Cyber Talent Emergency Fund provides agile financial support for female students pursuing cybersecurity careers who are experiencing urgent, short-term financial barriers to success.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND TIMELINE
The Cyber Talent Emergency Fund awards rapid response mini-grants to women pursuing careers in cybersecurity at institutions in the U.S. through the Last Mile Education Fund with support from Women in CyberSecurity. To be eligible, applicants must meet the criteria outlined below and applications will be accepted until available funds have been exhausted.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Identify as a woman or non-binary individual
- Demonstrate low-income status, ineligibility for US Federal student aid, or evidence of need
- Currently enrolled in a cybersecurity related degree at an accredited 2-year, 4-year or graduate institution of higher education in the U.S. Eligible degrees will be outlined in the application.
- If undergraduates, students must be within 4 semesters of degree completion (Juniors and Seniors).
- Currently located in the United States
- Experiencing a time-sensitive financial need that is a threat to your continued progress as a cybersecurity student.
WiCyS Executive Director
“We know unforeseen financial situations weigh heavily on students. For some, these emergencies leave them feeling helpless and uncertain on whom to depend on. For others, it can force them to drop out of their studies. The WiCyS Cyber Talent fund allows us to offer financial support (and more) to our community. That’s what a cyber sisterhood is truly all about and it’s a great honor to partner with the Last Mile Education Fund to make this offering a reality!”