Student Intern Program
Applications are Closed
WiCyS is proud to help bridge the gap between our student member internship needs and the internship opportunities provided by our employer partners. Starting September 2022, the WiCyS Internship Program applications for student members will be available. This is an opportunity for WiCyS student members to be brought into the pipeline of engaged employers seeking to hire potential internship candidates from the WiCyS organization.
- Reduces frustration of internship “application burnout”
- Gives access to CyberGEN.IQ assessment to uncover student’s innate cyber aptitude
- Provides a direct pipeline for WiCyS members to be matched to a WiCyS employer partner’s internship
- Take CyberGEN.IQ assessment (approx. 2.5 hours)
- The CyberGEN.IQ assessment does not need to be completed in one sitting. It can be taken one module at a time with no time deadline other than to complete all modules by the application deadline.
- Fill out one simple application
Employer Partner Expectations:
- Available to Tier 1 and Tier 2 strategic partners
- Commitment to members to offer opportunities into corporate internships
- Employers are expected to invite qualified candidates to apply
- Employers agree to follow up with all candidates that WiCyS provides
- Employers commit to sending WiCyS cyber-only internship roles by September 1, 2022
August 22: Deadline for Tier 1 and Tier 2 partner commitment
September 1: Deadline to submit open internship roles to WiCyS
September 6: Student applications open
September 14 @ 11am CT: Webinar announcing employer partners and an overview of the internship program. View the recorded webinar HERE.
September 19: Student applications close at 11:59pm PT
October 5: WiCyS sends shortlist of top-5 candidates to employers
October 5: WiCyS sends notifications to students if they are a top candidate for an internship role. If selected as a top candidate, the Strategic Partner will contact you to be brought into the pipeline of their internship role selection process.
TBD: CyberGEN.IQ completion badges + result analysis webinar invitation sent to participants
View the WiCyS Internship Program Press Release HERE