LYNN DOHM, WOMEN IN CYBERSECURITY (WICYS)
Lynn Dohm’s area of focus is within an important aspect of cybersecurity: People.
With more than 25 years of organizational and leadership experience, Lynn specializes in partnership building, advocacy and strategy. She has worked in various capacities in the cybersecurity education sector, with active involvement in grant-funded programs and nonprofits that assist in providing educational solutions to the cybersecurity workforce.
As the Executive Director, Lynn is most energized by the industry and community partnerships – both well established and nascent – that WiCyS has fostered through its various initiatives and recruitment efforts. Under her leadership, WiCyS has positioned itself as a leading model of how a multi-organizational approach can strengthen the cybersecurity workforce.
Lynn is passionate about leveraging diverse mindsets, skill sets and perspectives to solve problems and facilitating learning opportunities and discussions on leading with inclusion, equity and allyship. She has been recognized for her expertise and commitment to bridging the cybersecurity workforce gap and improving the recruitment, retention and advancement of women in cybersecurity.
She has received numerous awards and accolades as a result of her work, including the People’s Choice award for Cybersecurity Woman of the Year, the “Light that Shines” by EmpoWE-R Women of Infosec and Top 100 Women in Cybersecurity by Cyber Defense Magazine. In 2020 and 2021, she accepted the nonprofit Ally of the Year award for WiCyS.
Lynn is also an accomplished keynote presenter, panelist, and moderator for international conferences, events, and organizations. She has served on the International Judging Panel for the IFSEC Global “Top Influencers & Fire,” is an advisory board member for Women in Cybersecurity – Beyond Borders, and an inaugural member of the (ISC)2 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force. Lynn is dedicated to spreading awareness about the importance of bolstering the cybersecurity workforce with people from diverse walks of life and participated in more than 50 speaking engagements in 2022.
Prior to WiCyS, Lynn helped launch the Community College Cyber Summit (3CS) and worked in various capacities with the National Cybersecurity Training & Education Center (NCYTE), Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance (CSSIA), Cybersecurity Competition Federation (CyberFed), National CyberWatch Center, and National Cyber League, among others.
2023 Speaking Engagements
- November 30, 2023. “The Power of WiCyS Student Chapters” at Howard Community College.
- November 16, 2023. #DIRC23: Measuring DEI Impact. Learn more HERE.
- November 7, 2023. TEALS.
- November 3, 2023. Women in Cyber Summit.
- November 2, 2023. ISSA Chicago.
- November 2, 2023. NPower Fall guest Co-hort.
- October 23-24, 2023. Pre-Conference Workshop: The ISC2 Women Cyber Leaders Workshop. Learn more HERE.
- October 19, 2023. Government Cybersecurity Roadshow Texas keynote. Learn more HERE.
- October 17, 2023. California State University October Cybersecurity Awareness Month campaign: Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) Chat: Building a Culture of Allyship. Learn more HERE.
- October 12, 2023. Google and Cyberworkforce Partners Presents Cyber Workforce: Celebrating Collaboration. Learn more HERE.
- October 4, 2023. Charleston Women In Tech and Citadel DoD Cyber Institute (CDCI) keynote.
- October 3, 2023. Planned Parenthood InforSec.
- September 29, 2023. Pace University (in partnership with Verizon) | Keynote.
- September 26, 2023. InfoSec World 2023: Powering Up the Cybersecurity Workforce by Keeping an Eye on the “I.” Learn more HERE.
- September 14-15, 2023. Mindfluence Lake Geneva: Cybersecurity Leadership Forum. Learn more HERE.
- September 8, 2023. #STMIC. Learn more HERE.
- September 7, 2023. Billington Cybersecurity Summit: Leveraging Diversity in Your Cyber Workforce. Learn more HERE.
- August 25, 2023. SANS Security Awareness: Managing Human Risk Summit 2023: Panel | The Foundation to a Strong Security Culture: Feeling Safe and Included. Learn more HERE.
- August 25, 2023. SANS Security Awareness: Managing Human Risk Summit 2023: Keynote | Cybersecurity Leadership: Mobilize, not Paralyze. Learn more HERE.
- August 10, 2023. Black Hat 2023: Facilitated Discussion: The Art of Inclusion: Helping Diversity to Shine. Learn more HERE.
- August 10, 2023. Black Hat 2023: Meet and Greet. Learn more HERE.
- July 12, 2023. (ISC)² Global DEI Summit: Facilitating an Executive and DEI Roundtable. Learn more HERE.
- June 13-14, 2023. AWS re:Inforce: The Art of Inclusion: Diversity to Shine. Learn more HERE.
- June 8, 2023. SecureWorld Chicago: Executive Panel- Making the Cybersecurity Music: Navigating Challenges and Opportunities in Today’s InfoSec Landscape. Learn more HERE.
- June 7, 2023. Forescoute: The Art of Inclusion: Helping Diversity to Shine.
- June 6, 2023. NICE Conference: The Power Of Diversity: Building A Stronger Cybersecurity Workforce. Learn more HERE.
- June 6, 2023. NICE Conference: Developing The Next Generation Of Diverse Cybersecurity Professionals Through A Multi-Organizational Partnership. Learn more HERE.
- June 5, 2023. NICE Conference: Expanding the Next Generation’s Skills Development: Using Gamification for Cyber Learning. Learn more HERE.
- May 18, 2023. 2023 RH-ISAC CISO: DE&I, Talent Development & The Workforce. Learn more HERE.
- May 12, 2023. Keyfactor: Tech Talk – Women in Cybersecurity.
- May 02-04, 2023. All Access Cyber Security Global 2023: Enhancing security in the face of increased attacks, more vulnerabilities, and a shortage of talent. Learn more HERE.
- April 24, 2023. RSAC: The Art of Inclusion: Helping Diversity to Shine. Learn more HERE.
- April 19, 2023. Cyber and National Security Wee Dram. Learn More HERE.
- April 19, 2023. UGA CyberArch on Women in CyberSecurity (WiCyS). Learn More HERE.
- April 19, 2023. Monthly Cyber Skills for All Full Learning Cohort.
- March 31st, 2023. ChiCyberCon: Learn more HERE.
- March 29, 2023. Forescout Women’s Panel Event: How Inclusion Drives Diversity. Learn more HERE.
- March 22, 2023. Infosecurity Magazine Online Summit. Fulfilling the Skills Gap: Recruitment and Retention. Learn more HERE.
- March 16, 2023. WiCyS 2023: WiCyS Career Village. Learn more HERE.
- March 08, 2023. Allstate: Breaking Down Barriers: Building a more inclusive cybersecurity workforce. Learn more HERE.
- February 28, 2023. AICC: Where are we going to get the number of professionals we need? Learn more HERE.
- February 2, 2023. ChiBrrCon: Why Are We falling To Get Women In Cybersecurity. Learn more HERE.
- January 25, 2023. Aleria: 2023 Measuring The State Of Inclusion Of Women In Cybersecurity. Learn more HERE.
- January 18, 2023. AACC: Workforce Development Institute. Learn more HERE.