Venue & Transportation
Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland
VENUE: HUNTINGTON CONVENTION CENTER OF CLEVELAND
March 17-19, 2022
300 Lakeside Ave E
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
MAP OF EVENT LOCATIONS (TOWER CITY STATION, CONVENTION CENTER & HOTELS)
TRANSPORTATION TO THE HUNTINGTON CONVENTION CENTER OF CLEVELAND
ARRIVAL TO CLEVELAND
Attendees arriving on March 17 can ride the RTA (train) from Cleveland Hopkins Airport (CLE) to Tower City Station downtown. RTA’s Red Line provides regular service between CLE and downtown Cleveland and the trip takes less than 30 minutes. Trains depart from CLE every 15 minutes for the majority of the day. Visit HERE to view information on COVID-19 Testing at CLE Airport through TACKL Health.
PLEASE NOTE: The City of Cleveland St. Patrick’s Day Parade is back on for 2022. It takes place downtown with a 1:05pm start time. Please be aware that this will affect those that arrive from approximately 10am-2pm.
RTA TRAIN FROM AIRPORT
Conference attendees arriving into Cleveland choosing to ride the RTA downtown on Thursday:
- After collecting all of your luggage, follow the signs to go to the lower level towards the RTA
- Bypass the fare collection machines and make your way down the hallway to the train platform
- Both sides of the platform are Eastbound trains so board the first train in the station
- Ride the train to “Tower City” station. Tower City is 9 stops from the Airport
- Exit the train and head through the doors towards the center of the station called the Rotunda
- As soon as you pass through the doors, make your way to the right side. If you reach the turnstiles you have gone too far
- Approach the table where representatives will be available to dispense a fare document. This document will allow you to exit the turnstiles and allow you to complete your trip and arrive at the conference.
NOTE: You will need to provide an email sent from WiCyS that shows you are an attendee.
For arrivals on other days, the cost of the train is $2.50
PRE-PURCHASED THURSDAY (11AM & 1PM) SHUTTLE TICKETS
If you have pre-purchased a shuttle ticket (now sold out) for the Thursday 11am or 1pm shuttle ticket:
- When you arrive, collect your luggage and follow signs to Ground Transportation
- From gates, go down a level to the Baggage Claim level
- In the center of that level is a Welcome Desk – there is a down escalator there with signs directing to Grand Transportation
- Follow the hallway and up the next escalator to street level
- Follow signs to the Ground Transportation lot
- Lauren Kodish of the Event Staff will be there to direct you to your shuttle. She will be there from 10am until the 1pm bus departs. Should you need to contact Lauren her # is (440) 749-9218.
- Lauren will have a list of attendees that have purchased shuttle tickets
ARRIVAL AT TOWER CITY STATION
There will be a WiCyS shuttle from the Huron Road exit that will loop to all (4) conference hotels, as well as the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland. The shuttle loop is approximately 30 minutes (please note that the Cleveland St. Patrick’s Day Parade is scheduled for 1pm that day so there could be a delay in the shuttle from approx. 12-3pm). There will be volunteers down at the RTA station and up at the shuttle station to assist. The shuttle is available from noon to 9pm on the March 17. The shuttle is not available other days and times.
All of the hotels and convention center are also within blocks of Tower City Station. There will be volunteers to assist on the ground if you choose to walk to your destination as well.
View the RTA Station transit map with locations HERE.
PURCHASING SHUTTLE TICKETS
You can purchase shuttle tickets for March 19 (hotel to airport) by logging into the WiCyS 2022 conference portal and update your registration. To access the WiCyS Registration Portal, go to WiCyS Cleveland 2022. Click the “ALREADY REGISTERED?” button and enter your credentials. On the next screen click the green “CONTINUE” button. You do not need to re-enter your promo code.
Attendees can catch an Uber, Lyft, etc. from either of the below entrances:
Convention Center Entrance: 300 Lakeside Avenue (They walk up from the ballroom/exhibit halls to the Lakeside Entrance to the building to call their ride)
Global Center Entrance: 1 St. Clair Avenue. They walk up through the Global Center Atrium to St. Clair (across from the Marriott).
View the downtown parking map HERE.
CONVENTION CENTER AND HOTEL CLEANLINESS POLICY/COVID-19 RESPONSE
WiCyS recognizes that in our current world climate, increased health and safety measures are of the utmost importance. We are working in tandem with the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland to ensure that all of our conference attendees can safely learn, network, and grow together in person once again. Through ongoing consulting with a team of in-house and outside experts, we will continue to update attendees of cleanliness standards, protocols and procedures.
There is a waitlist for lodging which a person can join during conference registration.
All changes to CURRENT hotel reservations from now until to March 11 need to be emailed to Tia DeBord ([email protected]).
|Hilton Cleveland Downtown
100 Lakeside Ave East
Cleveland OH 44114
View COVID Policy
|The Westin Cleveland Downtown
777 Saint Clair Avenue NE
Cleveland, OH, 44114
View COVID Policy
|Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Tower
1360 W Mall Dr, Cleveland
Cleveland, OH 44114-1217
View COVID Policy
|Drury Plaza Hotel Cleveland Downtown
1380 East Sixth Street
Cleveland, OH 44114
Includes complimentary breakfast and evening reception.
CHILD CARE RESOURCES
Mamava Pods (lactation stations) are available at the Convention Center
College Nannies + Sitters + Tutors | West Shore has been Building Stronger Families® in the Avon, Avon Lake, Bay Village, Westlake, Rocky River and surrounding Cleveland communities since 2014. Locally owned and operated, we are part of your community, here to serve your family. We have spoken with them about the event and they are thrilled to be included on the list. Attendees can mention WiCys and the sign on fee will be waived. The only fee is the hourly rate for the sitter. There is a 3-hour minimum. All sitters are background checked as they are employees of College Nannies+Sitters+Tutors.
Contact: Tina Gleason 614-600-3222 or visit [email protected]
Nanno is a website and app based babysitting service to book a trusted sitter on demand in the area. Nanno lets you browse, shortlist, book, and pay babysitters from your smartphone, tablet, or desktop. And it’s completely free. You only pay for the care you book.
Visit www.nanno.com for more info.
OnedeCare is a website based on-demand babysitting service with pre-vetted caregivers.
OndeCare providers undergo certification verifications, reference checks, interviews and proprietary security checks.
Visit www.ondecare.com for more info.
Sittercity is a website based babysitting service to book experienced babysitters in Cleveland.
Visit www.sittercity.com/babysitters/oh/cleveland for more info.